Broadcast Emails Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Runs it?
The system is managed and operated by staff at Borough Hall.
- How Often Are Broadcast E-mails Sent?
Broadcast News is sent whenever necessary. Historically, broadcast e-mails have been sent roughly once per month. In emergencies, they may come more often.
- Does Broadcast News Contain Information About Community Events?
No. Broadcast News is only for official Borough news and emergency announcements. For community events, see the Notice Board on the home page
- How is it Implemented?
The Borough has engaged a company to host the system. It is implemented as a mailing list server that can automatically broadcast a message via electronic mail to everyone on a list. The system handles all the overhead and housekeeping chores such as not sending duplicate e-mails and tracking undeliverable or bounced messages.
- How Many Subscribers Are There?
Currently, it is estimated that a large percentage of the town has subscribed. The system can handle virtually any number of subscribers and virtually any size messages.
- Is It Secure?
The software provides solid security features that keep unauthorized people from sending messages or viruses to the list.
- All e-mail messages have to be approved by authorized personnel
- All e-mail messages are virus-scanned
- E-mails are sent to individual e-mail addresses one at a time — not as a bcc list — which reduces the chances of users’ addresses being exposed and prevents marketing e-mails/spam.
- Borough staff Ids are password protected
- What Should I Do if My E-mail Address Changes?
If your e-mail address changes, notify Borough Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Can I Unsubscribe?
You can unsubscribe the same way you subscribed. Send a message to email@example.com requesting to be unsubscribed to Mountain Lakes Broadcast News. As before, provide your name and address.
- Is Broadcast News Only Available to Mountain Lakes Residents?
Although it is intended for Mountain Lakes residents, all subscription requests are accepted.