- Mailing address
Madrid, Spain 28240
- When and where were you born?
Manhattan, NYC Aug 1949
- When did you come to Mountain Lakes?
- Tell us something about your family. Did your parents also live here?
My Father opened the Medical Clinic, that still exists in Boonton on the Blvd. We lived in ML from 1952 (moved there from Boonton) until 1970. My sister Michelle and I went through all of the schools in ML. It will be my “home” forever!!
- Where have you lived in the Borough? In which houses?
- What do you remember particularly about the houses and properties where you lived?
I’ve lived in many places since living in ML and never have I found anything as beautiful!!
- What are some of your special memories growing up in Mountain Lakes?
Probably it was such an incredible “utopia” that we weren’t very prepared for the World but, what a great place to grow up in and what wonderful memories it left.
- Where did you go to school?
- What particular memories do you have from your school years? Are there any special stories you associate with that time of your life?
This would take a book to answer
- Where did you and your family shop?
Boonton, Morristown and of course, the Mtn. Lakes Market
- What were the roads and the lakes like?
I still go back almost every year and it hasn’t changed very much, thank God!!
- Are there any special people you remember who contributed to the life of the town? Why do they stand out in your mind?
Mr. Knapp, Mr. Wilson, my Father, The great life of sports that ML offers. My Father as he took care of just about everyone.
- What did you do for fun formal recreation, sports and entertainment in general?
Swimming, ice skating, sailing, Blue team, cheerleading, tennis, soccer, sleigh riding.
- Are there any special events that stand out in your mind?
4th of July, Easter, Christmas
- Did your parents and the parents of your friends work nearby? In New York or elsewhere? How did they get to work? How did commuting change over your time here?
- How did various laws affect the way people lived?
We always had a VERY safe place to live in
- Did you have a sense of Mountain Lakes as a unique place in its lifestyle, its homes, as a community?
- How did the world’s events — World War I, the Depression, World War II, the Korean War, the assassination of JFK, Viet Nam, Watergate, etc. — affect you and fellow Mountain Lakes residents when you were growing up?
The death of JFK stopped classes and stirred souls for the rest of our lives. The rest I was either too young or then not living in ML
- What made living in Mountain Lakes special to you, as you think back over your life here?
The freedom, its beauty, the closeness of knowing everyone in town and being able even now to return and find many people still living in or close to ML.
I have 2 wonderful pictures of the Boulevard when the chains were first put up and the Boulevard was still a forest area. I will try to get a print to you if you don’t have anything like that.
This is a wonderful job that you are doing. If I can be of any help let me know.