BOROUGH OF MOUNTAIN LAKES
MARCH 24, 2012
SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
1. CALL TO ORDER; OPENING STATEMENT: This meeting is being held in compliance with Public Law 1975, Chapter 231, Sections 4 and 13, as notice of this meeting had been reported to The Citizen and the Morris County Daily Record and The Star Ledger on March 19, 2012 and posted in the municipal building.
Mayor Gormally called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. at the Department of Public Works, 55 Pocono Road.
2. ATTENDANCE AND FLAG SALUTE
All Council members were present except for Councilman Jackson, who arrived at approximately 10:30 a.m., and Councilman Holmberg, who was absent. Also in attendance were Borough Manager Robert Tovo, DPW Director Mark Prusina, and DPW Administrative Assistant Joan Best.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT
Mayor Gormally opened the public comment portion of the meeting with consent of the Council. Mayor Gormally explained the Council’s policy of limiting each speaker to five (5) minutes and no yielding of time to another person.
With no one wishing to be heard, Mayor Gormally closed the public comment portion of the meeting.
4. TOUR OF BOROUGH PROPERTIES, FACILITIES, AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Mr. Tovo gave an overview of the facilities and infrastructure tour of the Borough. The tour commenced and the following properties, facilities, and infrastructure were viewed:
· Department of Public Works Facility Review
· Mountain Lake Dam Spillway/ Level Marker
· Midvale Road Wilson Basketball Court
· Esplanade Park Project Status
· Lake Drive and Barton Road Canal- Cleaning Project
· Wildwood Lake Spillway Project Status/Level Marker
· Kaufman Park Wall Project
· Boulevard Storm Water Project
· Island Beach Wall Repair/ Fire Pit Renovation
· Tower Hill Well #2, Storage House, Water Storage Tank Facility
· Birchwood Lake Flagpole Installation
· Denville Access Wells #2 & #3
· Route 46/ Restaurant Row Sewer Main
· Route 46 Well #5
· Borough Hall/Police/Fire Facility Review
Borough Council members commented on the general cleanliness of the Department of Public Works facility. Mr. Prusina answered questions on the use and storage of equipment.
During the inspection of lakes and spillways, the Council viewed the new gauge system utilized by the Borough to track and maintain consistent lake levels. Mayor Gormally commented that perhaps the location of the Wildwood spillway should be moved in order to improve the overall effectiveness of the system.
After the inspection of the storage house on Tower Hill Road, the Council recommended considering an upgrade of this facility, with the potential for the storage of Historic Preservation Committee (HPC) and Environmental Commission materials and documents.
The placement of a new flagpole at Birchwood Lake was discussed.
The Council suggested that Mr. Tovo consider placing alarms at all well facilities to increase security.
Councilwoman Bravo and Mayor Gormally left the meeting shortly after 12:00 noon due to prior commitments.
5. PUBLIC COMMENT
Deputy Mayor Happer opened the second public comment portion of the meeting with the consent of the Council.
With no one wishing to be heard, Deputy Mayor Happer closed the public comment portion of the meeting.
6. ADJOURNMENT at 1:05 p.m.
Motion made by Councilman Shaw, second by Deputy Mayor Happer, to adjourn the meeting at 1:05 p.m., with all members in favor signifying by “Aye”.
Attest: March 24, 2012
Robert Tovo, Borough Manager Charles X. Gormally, Mayor