Look at the Pictures banner
Contact Us






Historic Photo Database

This house, originally at the foot of Briarcliff Rd. has been replaced by two new houses.  The only things remaining are two small stone posts that were originally at the entrance to the circular drive

There are several views of this house. Continue to scroll down until you have seen them all.

This is how the house looked originally in the early 1920s.  Standing by the 7-passenger Buick on the left is 3-year old Jack Brown, son of the Browns who moved to the house in 1922.



The two new houses in 2009.  The two stone posts that once stood beside the circular driveway may be seen at the right.  The front door of the original house was about in line with the telephone pole in the center of the photo.



Return to the Historic Photo Database

Photograph portfolio protected by copyright. Borough of Mountain Lakes.
Information concerning reprints is available through the Historic Preservation Committee.

website-footer