All Borough Facilities are currently open.
Mountain Lakes Rules for Birchwood and Island Beaches
Beach Rules and Enforcement
- Recreational facilities are open dawn to dusk. Volleyball is open until 11pm.
- Lifeguards are in full charge of the beach
- Beach is open to residents only
- Beach tags are required for residents 3 years and older when lifeguards are on duty
- Proof of residency is required at all other times
- Beach tags are non-transferable
- Beach tags and privileges attached may be withdrawn for misconduct or using a tag not registered to you
- Children who must be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older:
- All children under 10 years of age
- Children 10 years through 12 years who have not passed the swim test and received a swim badge
- Swim badges must be worn on the suit
- Children 12 years and under without a swim badge are restricted to shallow water areas
- Adult swimmers over 12 years of age and children who are wearing swim badges:
- May use deep water areas (swim lanes, rafts, and diving boards)
- May use inflatable rafts and tubes
- No personal floatation devices (bubbles, vests, floaties, lifejackets, etc.) of any kind except in swim classes.
- No running, pushing, or roughhousing on beach, rafts, or docks.
- Ball playing only at the far end of the beach
- No glass containers on the beach
- No alcoholic beverages permitted
- No dogs permitted on the beach
- Special events require permits
- No fishing allowed on the beaches or docks at Birchwood Lake any time during the summer.
- No sitting or waiting on the floating docks.
- Port-a-potties will be available in addition to bathrooms until further notice. They will be cleaned weekly.
- Restrooms will be open during beach hours and will be maintained.
- The capacity of the beaches will be set by the Officer of Emergency Management. Once the capacity has been reached, no new groups will be allowed on the beach until another group leaves so as to ensure the safety of all residents.
- Residents will be allowed on the beach on a first come, first serve basis.
- If max capacity has been reached, you will be asked by lifeguards to visit another location if space is available.
PUBLIC PARKS, PLAYGROUNDS AND FIELDS:
ALL township parks, playgrounds and fields are currently open. Please adhere to all posted rules and regulations.
For further details, contact the Recreation Department through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.