About the Commission
The Environmental Commission is established for the protection, development or use of natural resources, including water resources, located within the territorial limits of the Borough. It’s mission is to advise and educate the municipal government, the planning and zoning boards, and the residents about environmental issues that impact our Borough.
- Inform the planning and zoning boards of adjustment about environmental impacts of proposals for development
- Investigate environmental problems and offer solutions
- Inform residents on environmental matters including ways to help protect the environment
- Interact with neighboring commissions and other organizations to tackle regional and state problems
- Study and make recommendations concerning open space preservation, water resources management, air pollution control, solid waste management, noise control, soil and landscape protection, environmental appearance, marine resources and protection of the flora and fauna.
- Maintain an inventory of the natural resources of the community
- Support the Green Team and their efforts toward Certification with Sustainable Jersey
|Mimi Kaplan, Chair||12/31/23|
|Chris Capodanno, Vice Chair||12/31/21|
|Andrew Armani (1st Alternate)||12/31/23|
|Neeke Swart (2nd Alternate)||12/31/22|
|Dan Happer (Council Liaison)|