A Stigma Free Community
Mountain Lakes is proud to be a stigma free community. We are committed to raising awareness of mental illness and substance abuse, reducing stigma and encouraging those who need help to seek support.
What is Stigma?
Stigma results from judgement by others, and can cause feelings of shame, distress and hopelessness. Fear of judgement and alienation from friends, family and co-workers; fear of loss of employment, marital status; fear of being viewed in a negative light once a problem is acknowledged – all of these fears are caused by stigma and are barriers to seeking wellness and recovery.
Mountain Lakes pledges to:
Inform: Resources for mental health and recovery will be available for the residents of Mountain Lakes. No resident needs to feel hopeless or alone.
Encourage: We encourage our residents to break down barriers, be mindful of mental health issues and to ask for help when needed. Mental Health and substance abuse often get worse if left untreated.
Support: We connect our residents to resources that can help.
Support for You and Your Loved Ones
- ACTIVE MINDS – Mental Health Advocacy Group Focused on Youth and Young Adults
- MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID – Mental Health Training Resources
- NATIONAL ALLIANCE ON MENTAL ILLNESS (NAMI) – National Mental Health Support
- COLLABORATIVE SUPPORT PROGRAMS OF NEW JERSEY – Diverse Community Centers
- TRUE NORTH SERVICES – Veteran Focused Mental Health Support
- NEWBRIDGE – Substance Abuse Support for All Ages
- PARENT-TO-PARENT – Parent Resources for Children with Substance Abuse
- 2ND FLOOR – Anonymous Helpline for NJ Youth and Young Adults
- RWJBARNABAS GERIATRIC BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES – Elderly Mental Health Care & Support
General Support Services: